How to Calculate Fabric GSM with GSM Cutter
How to Calculate Fabric GSM Using GSM Cutter?
Fabric GSM plays an important role in garments manufacturing sector. As a garments merchandiser everyone have to know about the fabric GSM calculation method. It should be noted here that, fabric GSM can be calculated by using GSM cutter or sometimes without using GSM cutter. Here, I have presented the fabric GSM calculation method by using GSM cutter and another one (GSM calculation method without using GSM cutter) has discussed in my previous article.
What is GSM?
The meaning of GSM is “gram per square meter”, which unit is (gm/m2).
What is GSM Cutter?
GSM cutter is a circular cutter. GSM cutter cuts 1/100 of a square meter of fabric area.
GSM Calculation Method Using GSM Cutter:
GSM calculation method using GSM cutter is not same as we have followed during GSM calculation method without using GSM cutter. Here, we should follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you have to cut 5pcs swatches by sing GSM cutter from the different parts of fabrics.
- Now, Measure the weight of each cutting swatches with the help of weighing balance in one by one method.
- Calculate the average weight of cutting swatches.
- Now, by multiplying “average cutting swatch weight” with 100, we can easily get the actual fabric’s GSM.
Note: Area of round GSM cutter is (1/100) m2
Now, one example is enough to clear the above discussion which has given in the following.
5 pcs cutting swatches weights are 1.2gm, 1.4gm, 1.3gm, 1.1gm and 1.5gm respectively.
Average weight of cutting swatch,
In this situation, we have to multiply average cutting swatch weight by 100 to get actual fabric’s GSM.
Fabric’s GSM = Average cutting swatch weight × 100
= 1.3 × 100
So, fabric’s GSM by using GSM cutter is 130
You may also like:
GSM Calculation Method Without Using GSM Cutter
Latest posts by Mayedul Islam (see all)
- Car Title Loans: 3 Things to Know Before Getting One - October 27, 2020
- Top 10 Fashion Colleges in the World 2020 - December 7, 2019
- 5 Emerging Trends Poised to Transform Retail Supply Chains - November 28, 2019