How to Estimate Embroidery Cost in Garments
How to Calculate Embroidery Cost in Garments?
In this fashionable era, embroidery is a common term in garments manufacturing sector. To make garments more attractive and fashionable, embroidery is must. In my garments merchandising job life I have received rarely without embroidery garments export order. Sometimes it’s seen that, a single garment contains more than two or three embroidery design. During garments costing, garments merchandiser should estimate the embroidery cost also. As its importance in garments merchandising, today I will present here the estimation system of embroidery cost for garments export order.
Calculation of Embroidery Cost in Garments:
Normally embroidery costing is estimated on depending embroidery stitch unit, which is 12000.
Before estimating of an embroidery cost, a garments merchandiser must confirm about the following parameters:
- Number of stitches needed to complete a design,
- Rate per unit design.
Finally, by using the following formula, garments merchandiser can easily estimate the embroidery costs of garments.
Embroidery cost (per dozen),
Now, one example is enough to clear all the confusion from the above discussion.
Suppose, for an “American eagle” order (10000pcs Polo shirt) you have to calculate the embroidery costs, where the required data is in the following:
- Stitch quantity- 9000
- Rate per unit design- $0.30
As we have got the required data from the above order specification, then we can now easily estimate the embroidery costs by applying in the following formula-
Embroidery costs (per dozen),
= $2.7 per dozen
So, for 10000pcs or 833.33dozen garments embroidery costs stands at (833.33 × 2.7) = $2250
Try to calculate the below problems by following the above formula:
- Estimate the embroidery costs of an apparel export order (20000 pcs polo shirt) from H&M by maintaining the key information where Stitch quantity- 10000 and Rate per unit design- $0.40.
- Calculate the embroidery costs of a woven pant order (15000 pcs) from “GAP”, where Rate per unit design is $0.50 and stitch quantity is 9000.
Latest posts by Mayedul Islam (see all)
- Car Title Loans: 3 Things to Know Before Getting One - October 27, 2020
- Top 10 Fashion Colleges in the World 2020 - December 7, 2019
- 5 Emerging Trends Poised to Transform Retail Supply Chains - November 28, 2019