How to Estimate Line efficiency of Garment Production
How to Estimate Line Efficiency of a Garment Production?
Line efficiency is a known term in the readymade garments sector. Line efficiency plays an important role to produce target garments production. Normally it’s done by industrial engineers. As its importance in garments manufacturing, today I will present here the estimation method of line efficiency for a garment production.
Calculation Method for Line Efficiency of a Garment Production:
An industrial engineer has to confirm the following items before starting the calculation method for line efficiency of a garment production:
- Production output from the line (Pcs),
- Standard allowed minutes (SAM) for garments,
- Total number of operators in the line,
- Total working hours.
Now, by applying all the above items in the below formula, an industrial engineer can easily estimate the line’s efficiency of a garment production.
Line’s Efficiency (%),
Now, one example is enough to remove all the confusions from the above discussion.
In Zara Fashion Ltd. a garment production line produced 300pcs Sweet shirt garments in 45 Standard allowed minutes (SAM) by using 40 operators, where working hours was 8.
Now, estimate the line’s efficiency for the mentioned garment production.
Production output from the line- 300pcs
Standard allowed minutes (SAM) for Sweet shirt garments – 45
Total number of operators in the line – 40
Total working hours – 8hrs
Now, by using the following formula, industrial engineer can estimate easily the line’s efficiency of the mentioned garment production.
Line’s Efficiency (%),
So, line’s efficiency of the mentioned sweet shirt garments production stands at 70.3%
More questions related to this article:
- What do you mean by line’s efficiency in apparel sector?
- What is line’s efficiency in garment industry?
- Which method normally followed to calculate line’s efficiency in garment manufacturing factory?
- Show a method for calculating line’s efficiency of apparel production.
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Latest posts by Mayedul Islam (see all)
- Top 10 Fashion Colleges in the World 2020 - December 7, 2019
- 5 Emerging Trends Poised to Transform Retail Supply Chains - November 28, 2019
- 5 Techniques to Gain Presence in a Fair - October 31, 2019