List of Defects Found in Sewing Section
List of Defects Found in Sewing Section:
Sewing is the process of attaching two fabric parts by using stitches which are made with a needle and thread. Sewing is one of the basic steps of the garments manufacturing process. Also, the sewing section is the most significant section of the ready-made garments industry. Different types of faults or defects arise in the sewing department which should be reduced to maintain the required quality of apparel. As its importance, this article has shown all the defects produced in the sewing department of garments manufacturing factory.
Types of Defects Found in Sewing Section:
The following are the defects that should be identified and must be made defect-free in the sewing section:
- Needle damage: for example, thread drawn-off from the fabric or making of a large hole to the fabrics.
- Skipped stitch.
- Thread drawn-off.
- Seam puckering.
- Wrong stitch density.
- Uneven stitch.
- Staggered stitch.
- Defected stitch.
- Oil spot or stain.
- Uneven width.
- Uneven seam line.
- Not secured by backstitch.
- No matching of check or stripe.
- No matching of the seam.
- Unexpected materials are attached to the sewing.
- Not sewn by matching face side or back side of fabrics.
- Use of wrong stitch type.
- Wrong shade matching of sewing thread.
- Defected finished components by size i.e. imperfect size and shape of finished components.
- Imperfect garments size.
- Use of the wrong ticket.
- Missing of any parts or predetermined design of garments.
- Imperfect alignment of components i.e. button, hook, and so on) in the proper place.
- Wrong placing or creasing of interlining.
- Looseness or tightness of interlining.
- Folding of any parts of garments that are seen to bad appearance.
- Shade variation of garments.
- The false direction of fabric parts in the garments.
- Imperfect matching of trimmings in the garments.
Speech from the writer:
If you read this article with full concentration then you can easily answer the below questions in the interview:
- Mention different types of faults produced in the sewing department.
- Point out the major faults found in the sewing section of the garments factory.
- List of sewing defects produced in the sewing section of the RMG industry.
- List of seaming defects produced in the sewing section of the apparel industry.