How to Increase Productivity in Apparel Industry?
Improving Productivity in Apparel Industry | How to Increase Higher Productivity | Concepts of Production and Productivity in the Garment Industry | Productivity in Apparel Manufacturing | Productivity Improvement in Apparel Industry
Productivity in the Clothing or Apparel Sector:
Productivity is frequently talked about the phrase in any production-oriented enterprise. It is totally related to the profit percentage of an apparel export order in the apparel industry. The destiny of an organization eventually depends on quality and productivity. Many people conceive of productivity as an entity separate from quality. Productivity actually always encompasses quality. There is actually no meaning of high productivity if the products or services produced are of second quality.
It is also unwise rather harmful to view productivity as activities related to the production department alone. Productivity relates to all activities in the enterprise. This chapter shows how low productivity brings in a chain of a vicious cycle in the organization, the measures to be taken to boost productivity in totality, and how systems and processes promote productivity.
Production Versus Productivity:
Production generally refers to activities that convert resources into products or services while productivity is related to how especially products or services are produced.
20 Factors to Improve Productivity in the Apparel Sector:
The following measures should be adopted through the enterprise to improve productivity in the readymade apparel-industry:
- All materials available in time,
- Using time and motion study,
- Right and scientific machine lay-out,
- Right and scientific target setting,
- The right type of technology used,
- The right level of worker attendance,
- Motivated workforce,
- Computerization of all possible works of all the departments,
- The right material handling processes,
- Skill and workmanship of workers,
- Job satisfaction at the workplace,
- Good work environment,
- Using the right systems,
- The right leadership quality of supervisors, APms, PMs, etc,
- Right organization of materials,
- Right quantity of high-performance machinery,
- Proper machine maintenance,
- Continues training,
- Minimum worker migration,
- Using the right processes.
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.