Top 10 Fashion Colleges in the World 2020
The first step towards a successful fashion career is getting into a professional college. The type of training will determine your career prospects. I hire professional writers to do my homework now and save time as well as boost performance.
While fashion requires personal initiative and creativity, the school you attend will have an impact on your professional journey. The choice of fashion college will depend on several factors including;
- Reputation– choose a college with a reputation for producing the best fashion designers. This is a profession or industry like any other where studying with professionals enhances your prowess. You will know the reputation of the school by reading through reviews or looking at the caliber of students who graduated from the institution.
- Availability of Opportunity– is the opportunity to study in the school still available? Review the criteria for admission to determine whether you qualify to join the college. Your level of training, academic performance, experience, and other qualifications determine your suitability.
- Personal Goals– what are your personal fashion goals, and can the institution help you to achieve them? Talk to a fashion coach or idol about your career prospects and the best college to attend. Check the progress of graduates coming out of different institutions. It gives you an idea of your potential upon graduation.
The decision on the best fashion college will depend on your perspective or approach. Analysts have reviewed several factors that would make a college to be termed as the best. Here are some of the fashion college in the world that you should consider.
1. The Fashion Institute of Technology
The college was founded in 1944 as part of the State University of New York learning system. It is popularly known as FIT and has so far enrolled over 9,000 students. It has five schools with 37 majors as well as 12 certificate courses. Curriculum support from SUNY means that the programs are thoroughly vetted. It brings together students from around the world, helping you to expand your interactions with more ideas. It has produced some of the more brilliant minds in the industry. Some of the famous alumni of the institution include Calvin Klein and Michael Kors.
2. Parsons School of Design
The famous school is based in New York City and was started in 1896. It offers a combination of graduate and undergraduate studies through its five schools. It is one of the most recognized fashion schools in the world with such famous alumni as Tom Ford, Bill Blass, and Tracy Reese, among others.
3. Pratt Institute
The institute, founded in 1887, hosts 26 graduate programs and 22 undergraduate programs. It also has a certificate and minor programs for professionals. It has an annual Pratt Institute Fashion Show that brings together all the who-is-who in the industry. The institute has an international program that helps students to interact with fashion gurus from Tokyo, Copenhagen, London, and Milan, among other corners of the world.
4. London College of Fashion
The college has an extremely wide range of programs to choose from. With more than seventy undergraduate and graduate programs in fashion, you are sure to find the course you wish to pursue. Some of the notable graduates from the school include Sophia Webster and James Long.
5. Central Saint Martins
It forms part of the University of Arts London. It admits students from all backgrounds to study numerous programs in such areas as jewelry, fashion, and textile, among others. You have a chance to study under such professors as Professor Louise Wilson.
6. Bunka Fashion College
This is the leading college in Tokyo, Japan, with almost a century of experience, having been founded in 1923. It has incorporated courses on technology and marketing to provide modern-day solutions. It boasts of such outstanding alumni as Kenzo Takada and Tsumori Chisato, among others.
7. Cornell University
The institution gives you a chance to showcase your skills at the Cornell Fashion Collective Runway Show as well as participate take your chances at the Cornell Awards. Founded in 1865 and pioneer in the provision of American Studies, you will be joining an institution with some of the richest histories in the world.
The college in Florence, Italy, boasts some of the most experienced and accomplished designers. The institution molded Edgardo Osorio into a world-renowned fashion designer today. It has produced some of the most futuristic trends.
9. Marist College
The institution offers a highly regarded Masters of Science in Global Fashion Merchandising. It is one of the most-sort-after courses in design. Top performers are hired by such brands as Chanel, Tahari, and GAP, among others.
10. Philadelphia University
The institution is known for its experimental learning. This is where you will test some of your skills, a trait that has enabled the university to produce some of the most creative designers. Learning under the tutorage of the university also enhances your grasp of fashion design in the entire world.
The choice of college will depend on individual preference, availability of opportunity, and ability to meet the criterion set. Choose an institution that will help you achieve your career goals. You can tell from the caliber of graduates the college has produced.
Latest posts by Mayedul Islam (see all)
- Top 10 Fashion Colleges in the World 2020 - December 7, 2019
- 5 Emerging Trends Poised to Transform Retail Supply Chains - November 28, 2019
- 5 Techniques to Gain Presence in a Fair - October 31, 2019