Job Description of Commercial Manager in a RMG Factory
The main objective of the position:
Ensure corporate authority by establishing proper management control and monitoring smooth operational performance for Export & Import activities for management reporting that satisfies the needs of concerned stakeholders. The commercial Manager will ensure all reports by using Garments ERP Software. Garments ERP create different types of commercial management report which is very beneficial for daily official activities. The commercial module is integrated with this garment ERP Software. Any concerned person of the commercial department can view their job responsibility in this software.
Job Responsibilities of Commercial Manager:
- Monitoring overall activities of the Export section.
- Monitoring all activities of the Import section.
- Co-ordinate with all activities with all other sections of the Commercial department (Export section, Import section, Customs section, Bank section, Audit section, BKMEA, BGMEA& EPB section).
- Coordinate with Marketing & Merchandising department and Accounts & Finance department regularly for shipment schedule and fund management activities respectably.
- Responsible for prepare & submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the management for necessary action.
- Responsible for monitoring overall activities of the commercial department, co-ordinate the activities of the commercial department with other departments & outside parties, government offices, local liaison offices of buyers, audit farms, banks, etc.
- Reporting to the top management of the company & participating in the Executive committee of the company to decide with top management.
- Responsible to give a good account and prove to be equal to your responsibility
- Responsible for place booking to forwarder accordingly.
- Making Invoice, P-list, and pass EXP form from Bank to ship out the export consignment.
- Responsible to collect Master L/C from Bank and open Back to Back L/C for raw material procurement for Export.
- Responsible for monitoring overall activities of the commercial department co-ordinates the activities of the commercial department with other & inter-department, outside parties, government offices, local liaison offices of the buyer, audit firms, bank, etc…
- Prepare & submit Utilization Declaration from respective authorities which are required to Export goods.
- Submit & collect GSP certificate from component authorities.
- Responsible for renewal of Bond license, Fire license, Group Insurance policy, Annual audit report from customs authorities.
- Work with quite efficient, trustworthy, committed, and dedicatedly.
- In charge to give instructions to the finishing department to move cargo for Export in time.
- Fully in charge of making correspondence with local buying house & foreign buyer through e-mail time to time regarding Export documents.
- Reporting to the top management of the company & participating in the Annual Executive committee meeting of the company to decide with top management
- Fully liable for submission of Export documents to local buying house or Buyer’s representative office to get Inspection Certificate.
- Liable to prepare a presentation to the director of the company for a monthly meeting purpose.
- Dependable to submit Export documents to Bank for negotiation with buyers’ bank for bill realization.
- Follow up on the payment realization & disbursement of the funds after getting the payment.
- Organize Import documents to release Import consignment in time.
About the Author:
Engr. A. Mashiur Rahman,
Garments Auto Machine Technologist,
Email: [email protected],
Cell: +88 017 92 52 53 54