Importance of Product Control and Process Control in Textile Industry
Definition of Process Control | Definition of Product Control | Importance of Process and Product Control in Textile Sector
Process Control and Product Control in Textile Industry:
The testing of fiber is not so important when dealing with MMF, because they are supplied to customers’ requirements and their properties including length, color, and fineness. But in the other cases, all the testing is so important to achieve the desired quality product. The required quality can be achieved by controlling process control and product control which have been discussed in this article.
What is Process Control in Textile Industry?
The exact utilization of all the raw materials and auxiliaries needed to achieve targeted quality products is known as process control.
In the textile industry, we have used different types of processes from the growing stage to the ultimate stage of a finished product. Those processes are spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing, finishing, etc. These processes have to control for achieving the desired quality product. In the below, I have presented various changing parameters for each process of a product.
Yarn Manufacturing Process:
- In the case of the yarn manufacturing process, end breakage should be controlled by controlling weight per lap length, sliver length, roving length of yarn length.
- The weaving process should be controlled by the excessive breakage of warp and weft yarn, EPI, and design.
- The dyeing process should be controlled by M: L, PH, Temp, and Pressure.
- The finishing process is controlled by softness.
What is Product Control in Textile Industry?
The proper utilization of all the processes required to achieve the desired quality product is termed it.
The end product of the process should full fill to achieve the desired quality product.
- In case of spinning process → Yarn: count, twist.
- In the case of the weaving process → Fabric: EPI, PPI, shrinkage.
- In the case of the dyeing process → Color matching, various fastness properties.
- In case of finishing process → Finished fabrics, softness.
S M Hossen Uzzal
Planning Executive at Modele De Capital Ind. Ltd.
Narayanganj, Dhaka, Bangladesh.