Fabric Testing | Objects of Fabric Testing
Fabric Testing in Textile Industry:
To confirm the actual quality of any fabric, fabric testing has great importance. Types of tests required for the fabric is confirmed by the buyer. It may vary from one buyer to another. As its importance, this article has shown a details discussion on fabric testing.
What is Fabric Testing?
Normally garment is produced from fabric. The fabric can be woven or knitted or knit fabric, solid color dyed, printed, check or stripe that is finished fabric. Before making garments from those fabric especially for large quantity. It should be kept in mind that the garment that the garment may be rejected by the buyer due to some quality problem of the fabric although the fabric may be brand new. To avoid such kinds of problem, fabrics have to test to identify its actual quality before making the garments and it is called fabrics testing.
Objects of Fabric Testing:
The reasons of carrying out tests on fabrics are numerous and some common ones are pointed out in the below:
- To check that the fabric conforms to fabric specification.
- To note the effect of changes in structural details.
- To note the effect of physical and chemical treatment, exposure to weather or laundering or washing etc.
- To obtain some identification of probable performance in use.
- To investigate causes of failure and customers complain.
- To help in designing of a fabric for a specific purpose.
- To study the interaction of fibre, yarn and fabric properties.
List of Some Common Fabric Tests:
- Strength of the fabric,
- Abrasion resistance,
- Stiffness test,
- Drape test,
- Crease recovery test,
- Pilling test,
- Color fastness test,
- Shrinkage test,
- Special property test etc.
Latest posts by Mayedul Islam (see all)
- Car Title Loans: 3 Things to Know Before Getting One - October 27, 2020
- Top 10 Fashion Colleges in the World 2020 - December 7, 2019
- 5 Emerging Trends Poised to Transform Retail Supply Chains - November 28, 2019