27 Duties and Responsibilities of Production Manager in Manufacturing Unit
Textile Production Manager Job Description:
Production manager is a very important person for both in textile and apparel manufacturing industry. Because, he is responsible for execution of all production work of converting inputs into outputs as per Apparel buyer’s instructions and thus making value additions. He delivers goods on designated shipment date. He is responsible for cutting, sewing, finishing and maintenance sections and works through the different heads of the departments of readymade apparel factory. He generally reports to apparel manufacturing factory manager or a general manager for his duties.
Responsibility of Production Manager in Apparel and Textile industry:
A production manager generally performs the following tasks:
- Production manager receives order plan and order sheet from the senior authorities.
- He will prepare textile and apparel production plan weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- He will receive material status against each order and will monitor progress of material received.
- He will receive approved sample, swatch card against order sheet.
- He ensures that apparel production lines are properly balanced for target output.
- He coordinates with quality manager so that defective of faulty goods are not produced.
- He provides job assignment to supervisors and other subordinates.
- He ensures that floor, machinery, toilet, dining spaces is neat and clean.
- He ensures that all work stations are properly illuminated.
- He will arrange for continuous training of helpers and operators.
- He will have pre-production sample prepared and compared with the original approved sample.
- He ensures to pursue right works, quality and maintenance standard.
- He ensures that materials are organized at each stage of processing.
- He ensures that congenial atmosphere exists in the floor.
- He makes right evaluation of performance of his subordinates.
- He arranged for proper documentation of all the activities in the floor.
- Production manager will make arrangement for right line layout or machine layout.
- As a leader he inspires unites employees for better works, better motivation.
- He ensures that all the machineries are equipped with protective devices.
- He organizes pre-production meeting or pre-production activities to discuss relate issues.
- He will approve commencement of production against a work order.
- He monitors progress of production against production plan.
- He takes counter measures if progress of textile or apparel production is not satisfactory.
- Production manager coordinates with all the concern so that apparel or textile production progresses as per plan.
- He is responsible for ensuring discipline in the floor.
- He takes care of workers safety and welfare.
- He makes best efforts to create congenial work environment what is called “win-win situation”.
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Latest posts by Mayedul Islam (see all)
- Top 10 Fashion Colleges in the World 2020 - December 7, 2019
- 5 Emerging Trends Poised to Transform Retail Supply Chains - November 28, 2019
- 5 Techniques to Gain Presence in a Fair - October 31, 2019