27 Duties and Responsibilities of Production Manager in Manufacturing Unit
Textile Production Manager Job Description:
The production manager is a very important person for both in textile and apparel manufacturing industry. Because he is responsible for the execution of all production work of converting inputs into outputs as per Apparel buyer’s instructions and thus making value additions. He delivers goods on a designated shipment date. He is responsible for cutting, sewing, finishing, and maintenance sections and works through the different heads of the departments of the readymade apparel factory. He generally reports to the apparel manufacturing factory manager or a general manager for his duties.
Responsibility of Production Manager in Apparel and Textile industry:
A production manager generally performs the following tasks:
- The production manager receives the order plan and order sheet from the senior authorities.
- He will prepare textile and apparel production plans weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- He will receive material status against each order and will monitor the progress of material received.
- He will receive an approved sample, swatch card against the order sheet.
- He ensures that apparel production lines are properly balanced for target output.
- He coordinates with the quality manager so that defective or faulty goods are not produced.
- He provides job assignments to supervisors and other subordinates.
- He ensures that the floor, machinery, toilet, dining spaces is neat and clean.
- He ensures that all work stations are properly illuminated.
- He will arrange for continuous training of helpers and operators.
- He will have a pre-production sample prepared and compared with the originally approved sample.
- He ensures to pursue the right works, quality, and maintenance standards.
- He ensures that materials are organized at each stage of processing.
- He ensures that a congenial atmosphere exists on the floor.
- He makes the right evaluation of the performance of his subordinates.
- He arranged for proper documentation of all the activities on the floor.
- The production manager will make arrangements for the right line layout or machine layout.
- As a leader, he inspires unites employees for better works, better motivation.
- He ensures that all the machinery is equipped with protective devices.
- He organizes pre-production meetings or pre-production activities to discuss related issues.
- He will approve the commencement of production against a work order.
- He monitors the progress of production against the production plan.
- He takes countermeasures if the progress of textile or apparel production is not satisfactory.
- The production manager coordinates with all the concerns so that clothing or textile production progresses as per plan.
- He is responsible for ensuring discipline on the floor.
- He takes care of the worker’s safety and welfare.
- He makes the best efforts to create a congenial work environment which is called a “win-win situation”.
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.