Advantage and Disadvantage of Semi-Automatic Spreading
Advantage and Disadvantage of Semi-Automatic Spreading Method:
Semi-automatic is one of the types of mechanical fabric spreading method. Its plays an important role in readymade garments sector. Semi-automatic spreading has some advantages and disadvantages which are mentioned in this article.
Semi-Automatic Spreading Method:
In case of semi-automatic fabric spread method, spread machine is run on the rails which are placed at two side of the fabric spreading table surface and operated by motor. Here, fabric roll is set in a predetermined place of the spread machine and machine is run from one side to the other side of table by using mechanical and electrical motion to make lay.
Advantage of Semi-Automatic Spreading Method:
Various advantages of semi-automatic fabric spread method has mentioned in the below:
- The maximum fabric width which can be handled is normally 2m although extra wide machines are capable of handling up to 3m.
- Auto ply cutting device here.
- Auto plies counting arrangements.
- Auto catcher to hold the ends of the ply.
- Auto fabric tensioning device.
- Auto fabric leveling device,
- Photo electric guide for selvedge alignment.
- Fabric fault detector.
- A platform is provided on which operator stands.
- Maximum weight of the fabric roll can be 80kg to 675kg.
- Maximum height of spread is 25cm.
- Maximum spread speed 100m/min.
- It has also rolled turning arrangement.
- Auto loading and unloading device.
- It is very useful.
Disadvantage of Semi-Automatic Spreading Method:
Different disadvantages of semi-automatic fabric spread method have pointed out in the following:
- More time is required here.
- It has needed higher labor cost.
- It cannot be possible to make desired fabric spread technique by using this method.
- There is no sensor in the spread head.
- Any kinds of fabric cannot be spread here.
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Latest posts by Mayedul Islam (see all)
- Top 10 Fashion Colleges in the World 2020 - December 7, 2019
- 5 Emerging Trends Poised to Transform Retail Supply Chains - November 28, 2019
- 5 Techniques to Gain Presence in a Fair - October 31, 2019