Importance of CAD Software in Apparel Industry
What is CAD in the Clothing Industry?
In the apparel manufacturing sector, CAD stands for computer-aided design. Nowadays, Computer-aided design or CAD software becomes one of the most essential tools for pattern making and related jobs in the clothing industry. It is used for pattern making, pattern grading, and the making of the marker.
Computer-aided design or CAD software has so many advantages in apparel manufacturing. It brings a revolutionary change in today’s readymade apparel export business. As its importance, this article has presented some major advantages and uses of computer-aided design or CAD in the apparel and fashion industry.
Advantages of CAD Software in Apparel Manufacturing Industry:
There are some key advantages of computer-aided design (CAD) in the readymade apparel industry which are listed below:
- Computer-aided design (CAD) system reduces the most valuable times compared to the laborious manual work of designing.
- All the design data can be easily stored, transmitted, and transported through the computer files.
- The design can be done from anywhere and the total process can be easily controlled by the customers.
- Digital swatches can be preserved on zip disks, floppy disks, hard drives, or CD-ROM which saves enough space.
- Another major benefit of CAD software in the clothing manufacturing industry is the designers do not need to produce different swatches all the time for different colors as they can now see how a particular fabric or apparel looks in different shapes and colors on the computer screen itself.
- The total design can be easily personalized and customized within a short period of time without significant delays or cost increases.
Disadvantages of CAD Drawing Or Drafting in Apparel Sector:
Though it’s too hard to get a negative update about the computer-aided design or CAD application in the apparel industry. But there are some slight disadvantages of CAD application which come from several Cad experts from this industry. Those are in the following:
- Some most popular CAD software has a higher price like Page CAD, QCAD, Libre CAD, and Open SCAD.
- CAD operator has to train themselves according to the update of CAD software.
- Sometimes, it’s too tough to find a skilled operator to run CAD software.