Main Objects of Fabric Spreading
Fabric Spreading| Objects of Spreading:
Fabric spreading is one of the most important processes in the readymade garments sector, by which fabric plies are spread to get the required length and width as per marker dimension. If fabric spreading is perfect then fabric wastage will be decreased, which ultimately helps to achieve higher profit from a garment export order. As its importance in the garments manufacturing sector, today I will present here some key purposes or objects of fabric spreading.
Definition of Fabrics Spreading:
Fabric spreading means the smooth laying out of the fabric in superimposed layers of definite length. It is a preparatory operation for cutting and consists of fabric lying. Marker paper is laid on top of the fabric layers. It should be noted here that, during spreading, the number of the plies should be not more than three hundred, where the number of layers depends on the height of the fabrics and thickness of the fabrics.
Purpose of Fabric Spreading:
- It helps to place the number of plies of fabric to the length of the marker.
- It helps to cut the fabrics in bulk quantity at the same time.
- It helps in saving fabric cutting time for bulk garments production.
- During cutting the fabric, it helps to use multi clothing markers at the same time.
- It helps in cutting many fabric plies at the same time.
- It helps to make every fabric ply plain and flat.
Speech from the writer:
If you read this article with full concentration then you can answer the below questions in the interview:
- What do you mean by fabrics spreading in the clothing industry?
- Point out various purposes of fabrics spreading in the garment manufacturing sector.
- Mention the significance of fabrics spreading in the apparel manufacturing sector.
Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House.
Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh.