List of Sewing Machine Used in Apparel Industry
List of Sewing Machine Used in the Apparel Industry:
Sewing machine plays an important role in the readymade garments sector. Different sewing machines are used for different purposes. There are a lot of sewing machines used in the garments manufacturing industry, which are mentioned in this article.
Types of Sewing Machine Used in Apparel Industry:
- Manually operated sewing m/c,
- Electrically operated sewing machine.
All the above machine types have explained the below:
1. Manually operated sewing m/c:
The machine where sewing is done by using physical power is termed as manually operated sewing m/c. These types of sewing machines are vastly used in tailoring and domestic purpose of sewing fabrics. These machine types are not used in apparel manufacturing industries due to the fewer garments production.
2. Electrically operated sewing m/c:
The machine where sewing is done by using electrical power is known as electrically operated sewing m/c. These types of machines are widely used in garment manufacturing industries due to higher apparel production. These sewing machines are also termed as industrial sewing m/c.
List of Sewing Machine Used in Garment Industry:
- Double chain stitch machine (four-needle short……),
- Double chain stitch machine (four-needle elastic inserting machine),
- Double chain stitch m/c (double-needle with reverse feed),
- Fed of the arm (Double chain stitch m/c with three needles),
- Interlock machine (twine needle, 5- thread overlock machine),
- Lock stitch machine (single needle with variable top feed with automatic thread trimmer),
- Lock stitch m/c (single needle with automatic thread trimmer),
- Lock stitch m/c (single needle sewing m/c),
- Lock stitch m/c (two-needle with split needle bar sewing),
- Lock stitch m/c (twin needle feed),
- Lock stitch sewing m/c (one needle with vertical trimmer wiper and reverse feed),
- Lap seaming m/c (for back tape attaching),
- Linking machine,
- Overlock machine (twine needle four threaded machines),
- Overlock machine (one needle, 3-thread),
- Zigzag sewing m/c (one needle),
- Top and bottom cover stitch flatbed machine (three needles),
- Three needles covering machine, five thread flat bed top and bottom covering m/c,
- Buttonhole m/c (for woven fabric),
- Button sewing m/c,
- Bar tack m/c with automatic thread trimmer,
- Buttonhole sewing m/c (for knitted fabric),
- Button covering stitch belt loop making m/c (Kansai m/c),
- Bias tape cutting machine,
- Label sewing m/c.